Need help naming your new family member? Visit DogNamed.com, a proud supporter of WAHS, to find the perfect name for your new pet!
WAHS is always in need of foster families, whether it’s for a few days, a few weeks, or even longer. For more information or to fill our our foster application, view our foster page now.
The Washington Area Humane Society (WAHS) is a 501(c)(3) no-kill shelter funded solely by private contributions. Our shelter takes in thousands of animals and investigates an average of 1000 abuse complaints each year.
Our 2015 Lottery Calendars are for sale for $30 at the shelter!
TOP 10 WAYS YOU CAN HELP
1. Adopt – Come inside and check out our handsome and loving dogs and cats, just waiting for a forever home to call their own!
2. Donate – at the front desk or click on the Donate paw on our website!
3. Volunteer – walk dogs, cuddle cats, gardening, clerical, fundraising, special events, off-site events, individual projects, and much more!
4. Become a member – several categories to choose from click on the Donate paw!
5. Contribute from our Wish List
6. Foster – provide a temporary nurturing home environment for our animals in need!
7. Recycle your cans – We have a collection bin onsite!
8. Buy a Home Free Pass – sponsor your favorite dog or cat’s adoption fee!
9. Shop Online through Good Search, Good Shop, igive.com, ebay.com, Amazon.com, petrescuerx.com, petcratesdirect.com, Wearwoof.org, invisible fence!
10. Poco Banks – Drop your spare change in one of our donation banks at participating merchants in the area!
PETS OF THE WEEK!!
Some of our available animals:
The Washington Area Humane Society is a 501(c)(3) no-kill shelter funded solely by private contributions. The official registration and financial information of the Washington Area Humane Society may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
Outpatient Pet Clinic
We offer a variety of services for routine dog and cat care including spay and neuter, vaccinations, deworming, nail trims, ear cleaning and flea & tick prevention. We are not a replacement for veterinary care that your dog or cat needs on a regular basis or in the event of an illness or injury. To schedule an appointment call 724-222-7387. For a complete list of clinic services and prices visit our Services page
Pet Food Bank- Accepting New Applications
We participate in the Washington County Food Bank. WAHS provides food for the pets of individuals in the community who qualify. Please call the shelter for additional information on this program. We are currently accepting new applications for our pet food bank. Please contact the Society for more information and requirements.